Les Mills Combat Review
I was one of the people who had a hard time believing you could get a good workout at home, with little to no equipment. As I said in my blog Is running bad for you, I thought the only way you could workout at home and get in a good workout was to “go for a run”. I had also done pushups and situps in college but without a goal in mind, such as preparing for a Physical Fitness Test, it is just hard for me to get motivated to go outside and run and do pushups and situps. So, it took me awhile to warm up to working out at home. But, I did and it helped me get in the best shape of my life. Les Mills Combat has been a great addition to my at home workout regimen. So, here is what you need to know about Les Mills Combat. Don’t forget, order it through me and you’ll get me as your coach, and that’s a good thing, right? The workouts range from about 30 minutes to about 60 minutes so time should be no excuse!
Equipment Needed for Les Mills Combat
A floor and gravity is all you need. You can do everything required in this program with just your body weight. The thing I love about Combat is the instructors. The main instructors, Dan and Rach, are very motivating, funny, and they aren’t hard to look at either. So, you don’t need anything really, just you showing up and pushing play. However, if you want to upgrade it, you can get the package where you also get the gloves. The gloves aren’t weighted but they will fit you like MMA fighting gloves so you really feel like you are in the fight. It just seems to ramp up the intensity when you have on the gloves and you are “in the fight”. The only other piece of equipment you may want/need is a set of light dumbbells. They suggest 5 lbs for beginner, 10 to 15 lbs for intermediate and 20 lbs for advanced. You will need these in the program Warrior 1, Upper Body Blow Out, but only for a few moves. These weights are relatively inexpensive to pick up from a local outlet.
What you get with Les Mills Combat
- LES MILLS COMBAT: THE BASICS. Master the techniques and mixed martial arts moves, guards, and stances you will use throughout all the LES MILLS COMBAT workouts.
- LES MILLS COMBAT 30: KICK START. A low-complexity but high-intensity workout, introducing you to the basic LES MILLS COMBAT combination moves.
- LES MILLS COMBAT 45: POWER KATA. This workout combines speed and power with cross-training for complete calorie scorching.
- LES MILLS COMBAT 60: EXTREME CARDIO FIGHTER. Challenge your endurance with a high-repetition sequence of moves that will have your muscles firing on all cylinders.
- LES MILLS COMBAT 60 LIVE: ULTIMATE WARRIOR’S WORKOUT. Upper body . . . legs and butt . . . core and cardio . . . this workout hits every muscle hard.
- LES MILLS COMBAT: POWER HIIT 1. High Intensity Interval Training uses short bursts of maximum effort followed by recovery to push you into muscle-conditioning overload.
- LES MILLS COMBAT: SHOCK PLYO HIIT 2. Uses propulsion exercises to improve athletic power and endurance, pushing you into peak performance mode.
Plus, get incredible tools to maximize your LES MILLS COMBAT workout:
- STAY WITH THE FIGHT FITNESS GUIDE. Follow the 60-day calendar for extreme body transformation success. Includes training tips to maximize results.
- EAT RIGHT FOR THE FIGHT NUTRITION GUIDE. A detailed eating plan that kicks off your body’s ability to start burning through the fat, while keeping blood sugar constant and helping reduce your appetite.
- TAPE MEASURE AND MEASUREMENT TRACKER. Track your progress and watch your warrior physique take shape through all 60 days of the program.
And receive 2 FREE bonuses:
- LES MILLS COMBAT 30: LIVE. A high-voltage COMBAT class that was shot live in the UK! It’s designed to carve leaner arms, shoulders, and upper back, while delivering explosive leg training and high-intensity cardio to kick-start your metabolic burn.
- ONLINE SUPPORT
You can also upgrade at any time or you can purchase the Ultimate Warrior Package and get the gloves and the other workouts like Warrior 1 Upper Body Blowout, Warrior 2 Lower Body Lean Out, Inner Warrior Stretch & Strength and Core Attack. This all depends on which package you get. Most people get the basic package and upgrade when they are ready. Of course, I recommend the Les Mills Combat Challenge Pack which comes with a 30 day supply of Shakeology, a 30 day free trial of the Club, which gets you nutritional information, trainer tips and other great stuff and also puts you on shakeology home direct so you get it every 30 days. It’s by far the best value for the money.
My Experience with Les Mills Combat
Les Mills Combat is taught in gyms all over the country every week by certified trainers. There are classes in nearly every major city. The beautiful thing about it is you can do it at home, without joining a gym and spending all that extra time. It is a mix of the Martial Arts of Karate, Capoeira, Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, etc. It is guaranteed to get you sweating fast and keep you sweating for the workout. It comes with a 60 Day money back guarantee at the time of this posting. My first experience with Les Mills Combat workout was at a Leadership Event live with Dan and Rach. I routinely now do the workouts in conjunction with some of our other Beachbody programs and it is also a great workout to compliment my own Martial Arts program of Jujitsu. I highly recommend getting this workout doing it for a fat blasting workout. The workouts can be easily modified and there is always someone showing the easy way to modify the movements. This workout will DEFINITELY have you feeling like an MMA Warrior!! Just today I did Warrior 2, Lower Body Lean Out and I can tell you, the workout is fun, fast and will make you sweat. All you need is an attitude to do it and “Stay with the Fight”. The picture is of Rach and me after a live workout this past September. Do yourself a favor and get this workout. It’s AWESOME!!!